Class of 2021’s Sober Grad Night is being planned for Golfland Sunsplash Friday June 4, 2021 @ 10pm – 5am
Rules and Information:
- WHS Sober Grad Night is a “Zero Tolerance” event. Any graduate, regardless of the age, choosing unacceptable behavior will have their parent called and will be picked up by the parent and/or counseled by local law enforcement.
- Only seniors from Whitney High School can attend. STUDENT ID IS REQUIRED AT ENTRY.
- Graduates must check-in at the venue between 10pm and 11pm to be admitted. We will do our best to notify parents if a graduate on the list does not check-in.
- Graduates (regardless of age) will NOT be allowed out of the event boundaries until 5am unless accompanied by a parent. Our volunteers will do our best to ensure that students do not exit or enter during the event but will not be held liable if that happens.
- Graduates will not be permitted to attend this event unless a parent/guardian signs the waiver(s) and emergency information as part of registration. The signatures specify that graduate and parent/guardian approve and agree to all the rules listed.
- Bags/belongings will be searched and bags will be required to be left at bag check. The graduates may access their bag with help of a volunteer throughout the night. NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS, TOBACCO, WEAPONS, LIQUIDS OR FOOD on the premises. All open containers will be confiscated; please leave perfumes, hand sanitizer, water bottles, etc. in your car.
- Photos may be taken by the volunteer team at the event and used in promotional materials and/or shared with the attendees. Audience volunteers for the hypnotist show may be videoed and that video may be available for purchase by the attendees after the event.
- Finally, we strongly recommend that a student does NOT drive themselves to and from the event. Driving exhausted can be compared with driving drunk.
For more information please email: email@example.com
- Water attractions (Twin Twisters, Black Holes, Stealth, Vortex, Riptide, Wave Pool)
- Laser Tag
- Mini Golf
- Free Play Arcade
- Caricature artist
- Photo Ops
- Pizza, snacks, breakfast & drinks
- Hypnotist comedy show and more!
What is the mask policy for graduates and volunteers?
Masks will be required inside the building. Masks will not be required outside.
What sort of food will be provided?
Golfland Sunsplash will be providing all-you-can-eat pizza during a 1 hour window of the event, all you can drink water and soda through the night, as well as doughnuts, fruit, juice and coffee at 2:30am. The SGN Committee will also provide other snacks (prepackaged or served by a masked/gloved volunteer) throughout the night.
What cleaning/sanitizing will take place?
Golfland Sunsplash staff will wipe down equipment in golf, laser tag, and raft area after each use. Volunteers will wipe down the arcade games approximately every 30 minutes. Hand sanitizer will be available in the food area as well as several other areas of the event.
Will the health of participants be monitored?
We are asking that families self-screen at home and please remain at home if he/she is ill and has any COVID-19 related symptoms described here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html . As always, if we notice someone not feeling well, we will have a first aid volunteer check them out and call home to have a parent pick them up as needed.
What is the dress code?
Appropriate swim wear is required. Swim wear should be conducive to waterslide/waterpark activities. Swim wear should be lined and may not be transparent at any time. Revealing swim wear and thong or t-back swim wear bottoms will not be permitted. Cut off jeans, denim clothing, hard metal objects and shoes cannot be worn while riding the water slides. Sandals or water shoes are highly encouraged. Clothing and shoes must be worn outside of the waterpark area
Will the lockers in the waterpark area be available for this event?
No. We will have bag check available to hold your belongings. Volunteers will be monitoring those belongings and helping you access them throughout the night. Please minimize what you bring into the event as all items will be searched. Suggested items include towel, change of clothes, medically necessary items, ID, phone.